which serum should I use?
Find the ultimate Dermalogica serum for your top skin concern with this handy guide.
There are a lot of skin care serums out there, and many have overlapping beneﬁts. To help you choose the right Dermalogica serum, consult this guide from our skin health experts.
Select a top concern to ﬁnd out which serum is right for you.
Our top choice for wrinkles is Phyto-Nature Firming Serum, which is actually two serums in one. It is clinically proven to reduce skin's visible age by 5 years, based on wrinkle reduction. .
- Doubles skin's luminosity after just 1 application.
- Minimizes the appearance of ﬁne lines after just 1 application.
- Reduces visible wrinkles in 4 weeks.
That would be BioLumin-C Serum! This brightening Vitamin C serum outperforms the competition by delivering three times more Vitamin C to skin.
- Exfoliates and reduces unbalanced pigmentation.
- Reduces the appearance of ﬁne lines and wrinkles.
- Prevents and corrects free radical damage.
ACNE + AGINGClear breakouts and related signs of skin aging simultaneously by using a 2-in-1 solution like AGE Bright Clearing Serum.
- Exfoliates to help prevent breakouts and accelerate cell turnover.
- Boosts skin radiance in 1 week.
- Reduces the appearance of breakouts and post-inﬂammatory hyperpigmentation in 4 weeks.
UNEVEN SKIN TONE
Use C-12 Pure Bright Serum, a potent skin brightening serum that combats hyperpigmentation (brown spots, discoloration, uneven skin tone), day and night.
- Helps brighten skin, minimize discoloration and improve skin clarity.
- Lightweight and highly-active; absorbs quickly to optimize.
- Helps address pigmentation imbalance.
Our top choice is UltraCalming Serum Concentrate, the ultimate antidote for sensitive skin. This super-concentrated gel is packed with skin soothing ingredients.
- Helps calm and prevent ﬂare-ups, itching and redness.
- Helps restore sensitized skin – great after non-invasive cosmetic procedures!
- Features our exclusive UltraCalming Complex.
Maximize skin recovery while you sleep with Overnight Repair Serum, a supercharged peptide facial oil that features nourishing Argan and Rose oils.
- Boosts skin luminosity.
- Enhances skin nourishment and recovery overnight.
- Helps revitalize lackluster skin and smooth away ﬁne lines.
We vote for MultiVitamin Power Serum, a velvety-smooth formula that combines microencapsulated vitamins A, C and E to provide antioxidant defense.
- Helps retexturize and revitalize skin.
- Minimizes the appearance of ﬁne lines and sun-induced skin aging.
- Provides antioxidant protection.
Nourish your skin back to health with Phyto Replenish Oil. Wear it alone or layered under foundation for all-day dewy skin!
- Feather-light treatment oil rapidly absorbs to reinforce the skin’s protective barrier.
- Hydrates to help smooth the appearance of ﬁne lines.
- Shields skin against free radical damage.
What is a serum anyway?
Skin care serums are topical treatments that target speciﬁc skin concerns. They are usually applied after cleansing and/or exfoliating, but before facial oils or moisturizers, for the best results. Facial oils and moisturizers can create a protective barrier that prevents serums from absorbing into your skin surface, which is why serums should go on ﬁrst. You can apply one serum or layer different serums on top of one another to treat different concerns.
How do I layer serums?
Apply your serums from lightest texture to heaviest texture. If you are unsure whether it is OK to layer your serums, ask a Dermalogica skin therapist.