With the previous article, Dermalogica introduced readers to Dermalogica PreCleanse (Oil). In this article, we will introduce the next Pre Cleanser. That is PreCleanse Balm. Learn more about this makeup remover right here.
What is Precleanse Balm?
Precleanse Balm/Oil are both derived from Double Cleanser. Unlike the oil texture, Cleansing Balm is a thick waxy texture with a gentle formula. When dissolved with water to turn into milky and then gently clean. The skin does not feel rough or irritated after cleansing, even for sensitive skin.
The difference between Dermalogica's PreCleanse (Oil) and PreCleanse Balm
These two products vary in their texture and properties for different skins. Oil-based makeup remover will easily emulsify and require less manual touch to your skin. For busy people, oily skin, inflammatory acne skin and sensitive skin. They will prefer using makeup remover oil. Because the oil, after emulsified will quickly and gently remove dirt, makeup throughout the day.
As for the Precleanse Balm, you need to massage the wax into an oil form. Or use the Cleansing Mitt included in the box to enhance its ability of deep cleaning and removing makeup more effectively..
All about Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm
What are the benefits of PreCleanse Balm?
This product is inspired by Dermalogica's previous PreCleanse (Oil). This version of the ideal makeup remover is designed to provide nourishment and hydration to dry skin.
The function is similar to the oil form. PreCleanse Balm helps to remove all dirt, makeup and skin care throughout a day long. Dissolve and remove water-resistant cosmetics effectively. Incorporating silicone cleansing mitt ensures a gentle deep pore cleaning. The formula of the good makeup remover wax regulates the essential fatty acids that nourish the skin.
Typical ingredients of Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm
- Apricot Kernel Oil and Phospholipids deeply moisturize during cleansing.
- Soybean oil is an emollient with moisture properties. In addition, it also improves the skin barrier and is anti-inflammatory.
- The blend of essential oils enhances cleansing and creates a relaxing fragrance. Specifically: lavender, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, lemongrass and red eucalyptus.
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) the skin's main fat-soluble antioxidant. Protects skin from the harmful effects of UVB rays.
- Eucalyptus leaf oil when combined with Vitamin E helps soothe irritated skin.
The ingredients and formulation of PreCleanse Balm have been certified by PETA to be free of harmful substances.
A proper guide to use Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm
- Dispense an appropriate amount of makeup remover onto the Cleansing Mitt. Massage the entire face with gentle circular motions.
- Then add water to emulsify. Continue massaging the entire face.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water. Followed with a recommended cleanser by your skin therapist. You can also find out what toner to use for the follow-up skin balancing step by taking a look at this article.
Who is Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm for?
The good version of Dermalogica's makeup remover balm is suitable for normal to dry skin. For oily, acne skin, it should prefer PreCleanse because of its thinner and lighter texture.
This thick creamy formula is perfect for dry skin after a long tiring day. Not only energizing skin tissues. It also makes the skin fresh and even.