With our article of 'Why pores are big? Is it possible to close or shrink our pores?' , readers now know that pores are always open to "breathe". Through today's article, we will share the reasons why the skin needs to be exfoliated. In addition, we want to analyze for you the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant exfoliant. What are the specific functions and usage? Follow the analysis below.
Why should you exfoliate?
According to the International Dermal Institute on why you should exfoliate your skin:
“Exfoliating can help your skin look brighter, improving the appearance of pores and enhancing the absorption of skin care products. Besides, it improves the activity of sebaceous glands and reduces the breakouts.
You need to choose a right exfoliant for your skin type and your current skin condition. In addition, it is necessary to know how frequent to exfoliate under the guidance of a professional.”
The difference between physical and chemical exfoliation
What is Chemical Exfoliation?
This method make use of acids or enzymes to break down the glue that bonds cells together. Two most common acids are Salicylic Acid (BHA) and Glycolic Acid (AHA) that increase exfoliating dead skin cells.
It doesn't just work on the surface or under the surface of the skin. Chemical exfoliants have the ability to penetrate deeper into skin and clear up any blockage from the pores. Experts recommend this method for the level of effectiveness that chemical exfoliation can bring.
Chemical exfolation using acids may increase skin sensitivity to sunlight or environmental pollutants. You need sun protection and thorough cleansing to protect your skin. For sensitive skin, consult your health practitioner or skin therapist for further advice.
What is Physical Exfoliation?
Physical exfoliation use scrubs containing grainy substances, cereal powder or gel form to buff away any dirt and excess oil from the skin's surface. This is a quick and easy method to do at home.
Easy to buy, reasonable cost, variety of products to choose from.
Physical exfoliation, also known as physical exfoliation, is not fully effective. Because dead skin cells cannot be removed completely with only the impact on skin surface. In the other side, it can cause skin irritated, flaky when scrubing too hard to try to get more dead cells under skin's surface.
Through the above sharing, would you like to find out an exfoliant that combine both chemical and mechanical? We present to you Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant. Let's discover now!
Discover Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
The outstanding functions and benefits of Daily Microfoliant
- A combination of chemical and physical exfoliants work effectively. Boosting the effect when combined with Dermalogica Daily Resurfacer at night.
- Daily Microfoliant is a power-based microfoliant that, when combined with water, helps to remove dead skin cells and smooth uneven skin texture.
- The formula includes safe ingredients so it does not cause skin irritation or inflammation. The product is gentle enough for everyday use.
Key ingredients of Dermalogica chemical and mechanical exfoliant
- Enzymes from papaya and rice bran are released upon contact with water. Makes skin plump and brighter.
- Colloidal Oatmeal attracts and locks moisture in by forming a protective barrier on the skin.
- Colloidal Oatmeal and Allantoin is a super-soothing blend helps calm an irritated or inflamed skin.
- Salicylic Acid, also known as BHA, gently removes dead skin cells on the lining of the pores to reduce congestion and breakouts.
- Ginkgo Biloba is a natural cleanser that helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and clears clogged pores on the skin's surface. This active ingredient is suitable even for people with sensitive skin.
- White tea and Licorice root extract is a powerful combination of antioxidants that reduce the breakdown of collagen and elastin. It helps even skin tone and improves hyperpigmentation areas. In addition, Licorice is also anti-inflammatory to prevent acne effectively.
Why Dermalogica Exfoliation can be used every day?
The answer lies in the product's safe, natural and mild active ingredients. It helps regenerate the skin's surface without causing irritation or redness. Improves signs of premature aging, uneven skin tone and pigmentation. Balances moisture to give skin a smooth appearance.
Vegan product, paraben and gluten free. Daily Microfoliant is also available in refill package that are both economical and easy to refill to large bottles.
Caution: Do not use Dermalogica exfoliator for the following 2 cases:
- Skin is using a medically prescribed exfoliant.
- Skin that is sunburned, irritated, sensitive or recently waxed.
Instruction for a proper usage of Daily Microfoliant
How should I start my Daily Microfoliant?
We recommend starting with an Microfoliant product twice a week. This is to ensure that the skin reacts well or not to the product? If the skin after exfoliating is still normal, you can increase the frequency. In the event skin has a reaction upon increasing the frequency, you can go back with the twice-a-week routine to get results.
The following are suggestions for skin when starting to use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant:
- For dry or normal skin, you can use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant every 2-3 days.
- For very dry skin, it is recommended to use once a week.
- For combination skin, the dosage can be increased every day. While those with oily skin can use Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant daily.
How to use Daily Microfoliant at home
- Dispense half teaspoon of Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant into wet hands. Add a little water and create a creamy paste. Next, apply to the skin avoiding the eye area and massage in circular motions for about 1 minute.
- You can combine Daily Microfoliant with a prescribed foaming cleanser to create a dual effect of cleansing and exfoliating at the same time.
- Finally, spritz Multi-Active Toner or Soothing Protection Spray and apply a prescribed moisturizer from Dermalogica. You can also take a look at which skin type needs an oil-free moisturizer here.
Now readers can understand more about the product and how to incorporate it into your skin care regimen. Dermalogica is constantly advancing its knowledge and the expert-grade product range with purpose of delivering treatment process for each customer's needs.If you have any questions or want to learn about the right treatment process. Do not hesitate to send questions to our 'contact' to experience free AI face mapping analysis and Oriental diagnostics. We are always ready to support and listen to your skin..