Related to this topic, Dermalogica has received many questions from readers hestitated when thinking of trying new products that might come from their own research on internet. Especially for sensitive acne-prone skin, you need to be savvy to find a gentle and reliable cleanser. However, the variety of cleansers today probably make you confused in choosing the right one. Join us to answer common questions when looking for cleansers for sensitive acne-prone skin. Dermalogica will then recommend a trusted, expert-grade gentle cleanser.
Answers to common questions when choosing a facial cleanser for sensitive acne-prone skin
Which cleanser should I use for sensitive, acne-prone skin?
Cleansing is one of the essential steps in your skincare routine. For acne-prone skin that is dehydrated, irritated and inflamed, you need to gently treat it and always provide enough moisture.
The answer for "which cleanser a sensitive, acne-prone skin should use?" is that water-based cleansers should be preferred. There are 3 main forms of water-based cleansers: foam, gel and water. They all have different effects. Particularly for sensitive acne-prone skin or sensitive skin, a gel or light texture is often preferred. If you have skin that is easily dehydrated and needs moisture, a gel cleanser is also a very good choice.
How many times a day should I use cleanser for my sensitive acne-prone skin?
For oily skin with breakouts, especially sensitive acne-prone skin, should be cleansed twice. The correct way is as follows:
In the morning, you just need to wash your face with water or a mild cleanser.
In the evening, you should clean your face twice. Here is the specific instruction:
- Step 1: you can use Precleanse or oil-based makeup remover. The purpose of this first step is to remove oil-based impurities such as makeup and sunscreen. If you do not know what Precleanse is, find out more details in this article.
- Step 2: Use a water-based gel or a light cleanser. The gel cleanser has excellent cleansing power. When foaming up the cleanser with water or in wet hands, the mixture will help to remove impurities and prevents breakouts. The movements should be gentle to prevent applying too much pressure or friction on sensitive acne skin. You can gently massage in circular motions. Rinse with water and dry with a soft cloth.
Is a gel cleanser as same as an oil cleanser?
The answer is firmly no. Because these two types of cleansers differ in composition. How to differentiate a gel, water-based or oil-free cleanser?
Dermalogica would like to share 2 methods to recognize based on a simple ingredient list as follows:
Method 1: A gel or water-based cleanser will have water as the first component . Besides they are free from 5 common ingredients as below:
- No alcohol
- No paraben
- Sulfate free
- No soap
- No artificial colors or fragrances
Method 2: Non-oily cleansers usually do not contain the following ingredients: palm oil, coconut oil, olive or lanolin, and beeswax. There are also some ingredients like Lanolin, Paraffin or mineral oil... However, it may have some emollient on the skin like Isopropyl Palmitate or Glycerin…
After the answer, as promised at the beginning of the article, we would like to introduce to readers who are looking for reliable cleanser for their sensitive, acne-prone skin. That's UltraCalming Cleanser. Stay tuned for more details below.
Find out Dermalogica cleanser for sensitive acne-prone skin
In this article, we would like to share 4 reasons why Dermalogica recommends this UltraCalming Cleanser to readers.
What is Dermalogica's UltraCalming Cleanser for sensitive skin?
Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser is designed specifically for sensitive to acne-prone skin. It helps to balance the moisture and soothe irritation, sensitivity, or symptoms of inflammation. The product is certified by Leaping Bunny and PETA not to be tested on animals.
How does the product texture soothe sensitive acne-prone skin?
UltraCalming Cleanser is an light, opaque white gel cream. Thanks to its gentle texture, the cleansing process is simple and effective. The product soothes irritation while balancing moisture and maintaining the skin barrier.
Product features and benefits of Dermalogica's UltraCalming Cleanser
- Oat Kernel, Aloe Vera and botanical extracts help strengthen the skin barrier, soothe irritations and balance natural moisture.
- Cucumber, Lavender and Ginger have anti-inflammatory properties, prevent acne and cool the skin.
- The product is also trusted to reduce redness and burning caused by rosacea.
- Suitable for damaged skin, cosmetic allergies. Or extremely sensitive skin, even sensitive to water. In addition, readers who live and work in polluted environments or harsh climates should try this product.
- This face wash is non-foaming, alcohol-free, sulphate-free, and free of artificial colors and fragrances. You can even use it for the eye area.
Instructions for using Dermalogica UltraCalming Cleanser
- Step 1: apply to the face and throat, either dry or damp. Then gently massaging with fingertips with light, upward strokes over the entire face including the eye area.
- Step 2: Rinse thoroughly with warm water or remove with dry cotton pads, The Sponge Cloth or a soft cloth.
- Step 3: Follow with UltraCalming Mist to lock moisture, then moisturize with UltraCalming Serum Concentrate.
Leave a comment